Senator Dr. the Hon. Ronald Robinson
DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH:
September 30, 1968 Mandeville, Manchester
To have a successful career in academia and to contribute to the development of Jamaica.
1993 - 1998 University of the West Indies, Kingston, St. Andrew
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Chemistry
1989 - 1993 University of the West Indies, Kingston, St. Andrew
B.Sc Biochemistry (Hon)
1985 - 1986 Knox Community College, Manchester
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Social work, Nation building and Mentoring
1993 - 1994 - Vice President, Mona association of PostGraduate Students,
- developed a structured process of increasing the remuneration of graduate students.
- successfully lobbied for an increase in accommodation for graduate students on campus.
1991 - present - Member of the University Orientation Committee.
Assist in the planning and execution of the Universities annual orientation programme for new students.
1991 - 1992 - Hall Chairman, Taylor Hall UWI., Mona.
- Guild Councilor, Guild of Undergraduates
- Student Representative, University Matriculation Board Mona
- Student Representative, University Careers and Placement Committee.
- Chairman, Security Committee, University Carnival Committee
1990 - 1991 - Sports Representative, Taylor Hall UWI., Mona
Football, Represented high school in schoolboy league, played division two club football and also represented the university in the intercollegiate competition winning two championships.
Hockey, Represented Taylor Hall for seven years winning an unprecedented seven titles.
Tour Coordinator USA 95, 96, 97, 98 ( a tour of the UWI football team to Florida to compete against North American Universities).
1990 - 1992 Alcan Jamaica LTD Kirkvine, Manchester
Worked and developed a standard laboratory protocol and the design and mapping of effluent flow throughout the entire plant.
Coordinator of Taylor Hall’s outreach programme to the Mona rehabiltion center.
Advisor in the UWI/IBM Quality leadership Programme.
Soccer, reading, Golf, listening to music